Free Web Hosting with Website Builder

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I dont think remix is a bad word - AR Rahman

"A.R.Rahman - He has revolutionized Indian film music and now he is nurturing young talent."

Rajeev Masand: I also know that you were committed to doing Kamal's film Dasavatharam, which you couldn't because time constraints did not allow you.

AR Rahman: Yes at that particular time, I was doing many things. I was travelling and Kamal ji wanted me to give the music immediately and it was a huge film. I knew the kind of work it would require. I knew I could not do justice in that short period.

Rajeev Masand: You were replaced then by Himesh Reshammiya. Were you insulted?

AR Rahman: No, not at all. Himesh did the songs but I think Devi Sri Prasad did the background music.

Rajeev Masand: Have you heard the music?

AR Rahman: No, I have not heard the music.

Rajeev Masand: He has also sung in Tamil.

AR Rahman: I would love to listen to it.

Rajeev Masand: What do you think of him as a singer? You have used so many Bombay voices. You have introduced so many people in the music industry. How come you haven’t found anything for Himesh?

AR Rahman: I think he has got a particular style. I have heard him very closely and I think he is capable of much more. In fact we were co-judges in a show for a channel. So, I am waiting for the right song for Himesh. I like him as a person and I wish him all the best.

Rajeev Masand: You know that he is a movie actor now as well.

AR Rahman: Yes I know. Awesome.


IBN Live Videos

No comments: